The development of National Disaster Observatory (NDO) prototype, intiatied by UNDP/Global Risk Identification Programme (GRIP) in 2011 and jointly developed by the Center of Excellence for Risk Analysis and Management of Shanghai (CERAM Shanghai) of Shanghai Normal University, Rodel Risk Solutions, and Shanghai GISINFO Technology CO. LTD., is funded by the Government of Shanghai for its Phase III development from 2016/09-2019/09.
The NDO Phase III will focused on the Research and Development of the following components:
1) Optimization of disaster damage and loss accounting in the context of changes in administrative boundaries;
2) 3D and 4D visualization of Disaster Information and thematic mapping
3) Scalability and customizstion of NDO
4) Hunan Drought Disaster Information Integration and Monitoring
5) Shanghai Disaster Observatory